The Manager Compensation, Pension & Benefits will lead the development and administration of a total rewards strategy for the organization.
This position will report directly to the Vice President, Human Resources and will manage all functions related to the design and implementation of this strategy, including base and variable compensation, pension and employee benefits. This position may also be involved in other projects in support of the broader Human Resources function.
Specific compensation responsibilities are as follows:
- Monitor competitive trends in compensation and benefits and identify the organization’s position compared to other companies;
- Assure positions are properly evaluated, assign compensation level and salary structures;
- Administer salary programs, budget proposals and analysis;
- Prepare salary data and benefit cost expense for annual budget process;
- Support bonus incentive programs;
- Co-ordinate pay equity program;
- Counsel managers on individual salary treatment;
Specific pension and benefits responsibilities are as follows:
- Direct pension plan and benefit programs with particular emphasis on containment of current costs and future liabilities;
- Oversee retiree benefits program, including pension payments;
- Support activities of Kinectrics Pension Committee
- Support annual pension audit and preparation of financial statements
- Monitor and ensure compliance with changing benefit and pension legislation, and legislation pertaining to government benefits such as Employment Insurance and Canada Pension Plan;
- Communicate compensation, benefit and pension plan information effectively to management, employees and union representatives.
- Manage relationships with pension and benefits administrators and service providers.
- Ensure compliance with government agencies such as WSIB, FSCO and CRA
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have extensive human resources experience working in a complex, unionized or professional services environment. He/she will have a background in compensation and pension and benefits, and will be well-versed in designing, implementing and managing programs in these areas.
This position requires an individual capable of working quite autonomously, someone who can manage the administrative responsibilities of the role with minimal staff support. He/she will be skilled at managing relationships with third-party providers and, as such, will be a skilled project manager with outstanding co-ordination skills. It is essential that the successful candidate be a strong communicator – effective both verbally and in writing – with superior interpersonal skills and consensus building capabilities. The candidate must be a proven leader with outstanding problem solving skills. He/she must be able to think strategically and conceptually and strive to achieve results.
The Manager Compensation, Pension & Benefits will have an undergraduate degree ideally combined with an MBA or MIR.