Kinectrics is the category leader in providing life cycle management solutions for the energy industry. The Candesco business unit of Kinectrics provides technical and strategic consulting for the nuclear industry. Our team specializes in regulatory affairs and licensing, safety case development, radiation protection, environmental management, waste and decommissioning, development of strategic solutions, and lifecycle management optimization. We use an integrated approach combining innovative insights and experience to provide our clients dynamic solutions to reduce the risk of operating their business. Our consultants deliver effective results, think outside the box, and provide honest and experienced advice.
We offer prospective employees a dynamic, supportive environment, and career growth potential. We seek out high performing individuals who can work well in a customer-focused consultancy and who get satisfaction from solving customers' problems. We are looking for an Operations Assistant to provide support services to the Candesco business as required for approximately 12 months.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate the preparation of proposals for the group, including taking ownership of the complete cycle of proposal, generation, writing sections of proposals, interacting with technical and administrative staff to get keys inputs and providing guidance to those staff on the format and content of inputs required.
- Streamlining the proposal development process for the group, including compiling key information, maintaining the information available in an easily accessible location and keeping the information current.
- Update project costing and cash flow models and enter proposal information in SAP.
- Use various software applications for the purpose of preparation of spreadsheets, graphs, charts, presentations, proposals, quotations, processing correspondence and other written material and for composing and/or processing of correspondence which may be commercially sensitive or confidential in nature
- Prepare marketing materials including website updates, presentations, handouts
Skills and Experience:
- Mandatory experience:
- 2-3 years in a similar role at an engineering or consulting firm
- A college or university degree in journalism, engineering, marketing, business communications, or English
- Proficiency in English business grammar and sentence structure to prepare concise and effective correspondence, reports, etc. Writing samples will be requested during the interview
- Requires strong computer skills in software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel (including creation and use of macros, Pivot tables), Access, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, SAP, etc.
- Ability to work in a confidential capacity and understand the sensitivity of a variety of business documentation
- Demonstrated ability to conduct tactful and direct communications with internal and external contacts
- Work independently and in a project team environment
- Organize and prioritize a large number of brief tasks
- Demonstrate strong time management skills
- Experience from the energy or oil & gas industries preferred